Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Green Monkeys

Michael and Betty Paraskevas are, hands down, my favorite artists. I feel like I have grown up with the mother and son team who have been collaborating on books, cartoons, comic strips and television shows for as long as I can remember.

One of my fondest memories growing up as a summer kid in Westhampton is seeing Mickey's cartoon beach paintings portraying all the "real" people at the beach on the cover of Dan's Papers and on the living room walls of well-heeled residents. While Sven and Margo were at LaRonde Beach Club in his speedo banana hammock and her string bikini (respectively, of course), the rest of us were at the town beach in our Korvetts bathing suits and Banlons and ALL the moms had their bathing caps on. Ahhhhh, memories. See what I mean:












To see more creative collaborations of Mickey and Betty, go to: The Green Monkeys

No comments: