Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Don't Obscure the Moonlight


Above, light pollution around the world at night. Notice where the concentration is.

We need to replace our outdoor lighting here at The Meadows, our home in North Haven. I've been noticing the uptick of discussion about light pollution. Our local Suffolk County Legislator Jay Schneiderman, an avid naturalist and beach drummer, has brought the conversation to light locally (yes, the pun was intended).
At first I thought it was a bit crunchy; but just think of how bright the stars are, here at home on the East End when returning from the city or any metropolotian area. I think I'll replace my outdoor lighting with dark sky fixtures.


Article below and for more info, go to: Darksky.org

RealEstateJournal | Eco-Friendly Outdoor Lamps That Don't Obscure the Moonlight

No comments: